• Profile picture of Ghosteen

    Ghosteen wrote a new post

    Walking Backwards to the Wake

      Seduced by the tongue in her hair  collapsed from shoulder as waterfall  captured by an artist  who dreams in sunsets    Nape of her neck flowed into negligee  and surely, breath could only find  refuge in intensive care, the closest  hospital was a hundred ambulances away    Everyone has a date with an undertaker  all the humour of a...

    Read More
    2 Comments
  • Profile picture of Fia Naturie

    Fia Naturie wrote a new post

    The Land

    I was told this was home I was given it on silver plater They fail to tell me that I would have to steal it   Words written on paper was crafted beautifully Penmanship to die for That was it… The hidden message   To    die   ...

    Read More
    5 Comments
    • Simple…but so emotional. Good one, Fia.

    • Thank you, Vision;))

    • Yeah…so much said in this. My daughter talks of not belonging anywhere. She’s not Mexican enough for that side of her genealogy and not white enough for the other. Never accepted in either. This cataloging of labels in a stolen land is mind boggling and saddening to me

    • Powerfully penned, Fia. This excellent write tells it like it is my friend. Amazingly done as always. Appreciate you, cuz.

      Damian

  • My Land

    I was told this was home
    I was given it on silver plater
    They fail to tell me that I would have to steal it

    Words written on paper was crafted beautifully
    Penmanship to die for
    That was it…
    The hidden message

    To die for

    I can not take what is not mine
    Can land really be mine
    The oil and coal pillage from m…Read More

    Profile PhotoProfile PhotoProfile Photo +1 liked this
    2 Comments
    • In Indigenous culture and belief, no one owns the land, we inherit it and are part of it and must share and protect it, leaving it in better shape for future generations. I think this is a much better culture, belief, and morality than what we have in today’s world. I like your poem because it points to this kind of understanding. A very fitting…Read More

  • On April 2nd, When All Lies Lose Their Nerve

    No lie, not even the elegant ones,survives the arrival of April 2nd.It comes in quietly,feverish but polite,like someone who knocks softlybefore rearranging all the furniture in your mind. Yesterday’s mischief still clings to the air,smelling faintly of banana peel bravadoand...

    Read More
    7 Comments
  • On April 2nd, When All Lies Lose Their Nerve

    No lie, not even the elegant ones,
    survives the arrival of April 2nd.
    It comes in quietly,
    feverish but polite,
    like someone who knocks softly
    before rearranging all the furniture in your mind.

    Yesterday’s mischief still clings to the air,
    smelling faintly of banana peel bravado
    and the k…Read More

    Profile PhotoProfile PhotoProfile Photo +1 liked this
  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Bat Powers
@batpowers
Profile Photo
BSavvy
@bsavvy
Profile Photo
D. Ignatov
@ignatov
Profile Photo
CasketSharpe
@casketsharpe
Profile Photo
Angel
@fallenangel194

My Recent Posts

Own It

New Here

New Report

Close