• Profile picture of RICHARD "Rascal" JENKINS

    RICHARD "Rascal" JENKINS and Profile picture of LisaLisa are now friends

    Profile Photo
    RICHARD "Rascal" JENKINS
    @richard-jenkins
  • Profile picture of Lisa

    Lisa Changed their profile cover

  • Profile picture of Daniel Long

    Daniel Long wrote a new post

    Mother's Hushed Eyes

    Passages of my childhood arise within my mother’s death gaze, bringing reminiscences of olden days. In childhood, we would speak in silent gaze. No mother left to envision me now, now within those quiet eyes. You have gone away oh, dear mother, let the...

    Read More
    1 Comment
    • My goodness, this hit me in the gut. My mother passed 8 years ago. But I still sense her keeping an eye on me from above…so I must weigh my decisions carefully.
      very relatable write.
      j.

  • Profile picture of Sam Dickens

    Sam Dickens wrote a new post

    The Church Banquet

    On the grass outside the church, several tables were put end to end, then covered with white sheets so it looked like there was one long table. Platters and dish's of home cooked food were placed on it, brought...

    Read More
    4 Comments
    • Short and sweet — or sweaty. I’ve got to admit, Sam, we were very much alike. Thoughts always moved toward females and food, and the latter would always lose out to the former. I got a good laugh out of the ending. You’re very good at doing that.

    • Thanks. The story is about half true.

    • I love it! Like a 1970’s memory or movie! Starring Sammy Dickens as himself. Most of mine are like that unless I experiment a bit. A couple from the dude perspective and a trilogy as a dog.

  • Profile picture of Liziantus-Marantus

    Liziantus-Marantus wrote a new post

    Changes

    A leaf,slowly quietly fell.Was it orange or red?I couldn't tell. Perhaps it was a leaf in a fairytale.As it watched the protagonist grow.And other leaves begin to fall. Personalities begin to grow.As the leaves slowly fell.There is a story everyone tell. Of...

    Read More
    1 Comment
    • The life of a leaf. Wonderful personification in this, and nice analogy for how life is for a human…except the only tree we fall off of is our family tree…..At times, I got pushed off of mine….but somehow this leaf got off the ground and found another spot in the tree.
      j.

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Rosie C
@rosie415
Profile Photo
Brandon Houser
@llama40204
Profile Photo
D. Ignatov
@ignatov
Profile Photo
Al Ashcott
@al-ashcott
Profile Photo
13
@13

Groups

Group logo of News and Suggestions
News and Suggestions
Public Group

My Recent Posts

stormy weather

kaleidoscopic

Location

Dorset, England.

Phone

n/a

New Report

Close