• Profile picture of FlatDaddy

    FlatDaddy and Profile picture of Chris TwyfordChris Twyford are now friends

    Profile Photo
    FlatDaddy
    @flatdaddy
  • Profile picture of redzone

    redzone and Profile picture of Sappho (Elke)Sappho (Elke) are now friends

    Profile Photo
    redzone
    @redzone2
  • Profile picture of Liziantus-Marantus

    Liziantus-Marantus wrote a new post

    Cactus

    A cactus is prickly.Its blossoms are pretty.But is that all to it? Is the cactus friendly and kind?Or does it fight and always mind?They say cacti are not pleasent to touch. Due to sharp spines and sunset finds.They like to hold...

    Read More
  • Profile picture of FlatDaddy

    FlatDaddy wrote a new post

    Dead Muse

    Dead MuseBy FlatDaddyMy baby's all black and blue and broken,  lying on the bed beneath me  inside me,Done in by ice  and eight years of morphine  that never ends the pain --  but dulls the mind  slays the will ...

    Read More
    5 Comments
    • I feel the muse here is the dead one for eight years now.
      Painful loss…she is no longer inside him. Either she forced him into the drugs or he forced her out because of them.
      I think your poetry screams about the underside of life…the side many may not want to see because it mirrors them.
      The unwanted sides.
      This is really good, FD.
      j.

      • Thank you so much, J. All true, of course; however, in poetry, all readers can see only what they can interpret from their particular viewpoints, their own life experiences, and thus, their “interpretation” is valid only as possible truth, their truth — but actual truth can be diametrically opposite: The muse is the hero: eight years gone, killed by pain, and now, with the HELP of the morphine, is finally the resurrector. Then, of course, the morphine itself must be, and was, vanquished, and the man is back. For now, at least. In a situation like this, nothing is permanent. Try it from that viewpoint.

      • I already replied, but I keep getting a notification that takes me back to here. So I don’t know if you got what I replied last night, above this.

        • I sure did get it….the poem is universal when readers might get something different from the poem than what exactly inspired it.
          j.

          • I figured the notification number would change once the reply had been read and answered. Guess not. That’s confusing.

  • Profile picture of FlatDaddy

    FlatDaddy wrote a new post

    Rat Revelation

          There it was!There it was, right there in theAustin American Statesman,page E11, Sunday, April 9th, 1989:incontrovertible scientific proof!At first I thought it wasn't important,just another filler,relegated to deep burial on page E11 --and then the revelation swept...

    Read More
    5 Comments
    • Now that is interesting. That tiny brain was in control all that time. So we have the same tiny brain and respond just the same way as a man would. Was that article in the Times? Nice read

      • See the 1st verse: Austin-American Statesman, April 9th, 1989. A real study. And boy, did I get a lot of flack from the “gentle sex.” Just reporting what I read — in my own words, of course. Isn’t that what good reporters do?

    • I was intrigued the whole time reading this.
      Informative and entertaining!
      With a side of “it wasn’t my fault”. Hahaha
      Enjoyed the read.

    • I’m glad you enjoyed it. It is a fun one to perform, though it’s been a good while since I have done that.

  • Load More Posts

My Friends

Profile Photo
Jessy Jacob
@jessyandjacob
Profile Photo
Sapphirewolf
@sapphirewolf
Profile Photo
Sappho (Elke)
@sappho
Profile Photo
Martin
@mando
Profile Photo
Ellie
@wafflenose

Groups

My Recent Posts

Sitting in Tipp City

For Sale By Owner

Location

Mostly the backroads

New Report

Close